Talk

Advanced search

Jars - does anyone else feel guilty?

(10 Posts)
outwoodmum Wed 15-Jun-05 14:40:21

I feel hugely guilty about using jars for DS2, even though I buy organic, and have begun mixing in fresh stuff. Can anyone make me feel better about it?

flamesparrow Wed 15-Jun-05 14:44:00

I felt hugely guilty - but then justified it by the fact that I was going to have to go back to work at 6 months, and that I was spending all my time with DD enjoying her...not slaving in the kitchen as soon as I got home.

Probably a shoddy excuse to some people, but worked for me

Not too sure what I'll do next time... not working now!!

rickman Wed 15-Jun-05 14:46:38

Message withdrawn

Pomi Wed 15-Jun-05 14:50:46

I feel guilty using jars for ds1 (not hugely though) but i know there was no alternate cant explain the reason. Like you i aslo used to mix it with home mades.

flamesparrow Wed 15-Jun-05 14:50:49

If it weren't for us using jars... think of all the unemployed people from the baby food factory!!

We could be contributing to their families going hungry...

rickman Wed 15-Jun-05 15:01:45

Message withdrawn

expatinscotland Wed 15-Jun-05 15:02:34

No. I don't allow anyone to make me feel guilty about my parenting choices.

Pagan Wed 15-Jun-05 15:04:09

A pal only ever home made stuff which was great but then her DD would never eat anything else. So when we were on days out and for handyness I could nip into a shop and feed my DD cold nosh out of a jar, my pal had a terrible time trying to warm up her home made stuff.

oliveoil Wed 15-Jun-05 15:24:52

No guilt here either, I do a mix of homemade and jars as well

outwoodmum Wed 15-Jun-05 17:03:37

Thanks folks. I'm happy with mjy choices now, but the pressure is always on. Good point, Pagan, it'll make those outings much easier!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now