Talk

Advanced search

Gnocci. What can I do with them?

(14 Posts)
kreecherlivesupstairs Thu 29-Oct-09 10:14:33

I rather ridiculously purchased a bag of gnocci and am at a loss as to what to do with them/it. Should I make a sauce to over them, I have to admit they look rather unappetising in the fridge. Perhaps I should use them for my dd's halloween party tomorrow.

RealityBites Thu 29-Oct-09 10:16:28

Message withdrawn

thighsmadeofcheddar Thu 29-Oct-09 10:18:22

You can put bolognaise with it, or pesto, anything really. They are very filling and delicious.

neverknowinglyundercatered Thu 29-Oct-09 10:20:05

Anything you would do with pasta, and they cook quicker...lovely!

tethersend Thu 29-Oct-09 10:22:11

Chop onion, tomatoes(remove seeds), garlic and mushrooms and fry for a few minutes until soft. Add fresh basil and cream, simmer for a couple more mins and stir into the gnocci.

Yum smile

treaclespongeofdeath Thu 29-Oct-09 10:22:52

I love them with pesto and melty cheese on top - or they're really nice baked in the oven with a tomato sauce and cheese and breadcrumb topping...

I am starving now. Is it too early to have lunch?

kreecherlivesupstairs Thu 29-Oct-09 11:06:41

Pesto and melty cheese it is. Have both at home and can stick it in the oven when me and girly come home.
It isn't too early for lunch treacle, but bear in mind I am an hour ahead of you.

Sunshinemummified Thu 29-Oct-09 11:19:51

I have a yummy (but quite rich) gnocci recipe with four cheese - ricotta, gorgonzola, mozarella and parmesan.

CybilAviationAuthority Thu 29-Oct-09 11:21:01

I LOVE Gnocchi. When the cheese goes all melty....

thereistheball Fri 30-Oct-09 10:55:21

Boil them until they bubble to the surface - a couple of minutes. Meanwhile melt some blue cheese in a drop of milk. Pour over the gnocchi and eat with a salad. Yum.

JetLi Mon 02-Nov-09 21:04:56

Utterly impractical, but cook the gnocchi as thereistheball suggests. In a saute pan, warm some fresh cream, and stir in brown and white crabmeat and a crushed clove of garlic. Add the gnocchi and a sprinkle of dried chilli flakes. Divine food of the Gods!

JetLi Mon 02-Nov-09 21:05:41

They do generally have a great affinity for cheesey, creamy sauces.

WheeeFreshSparkleBang Mon 02-Nov-09 21:07:32

Throw them away. Nasty, gucky things. grin

notevenamousie Mon 02-Nov-09 21:08:11

Have found a recipe for cheese sauce, spinach and beef mince from the bbc recipes site. Planning on trying it on Friday. They are easy and yummy with creamy sauces, I agree.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now