Talk

Advanced search

Fondant parsnips

(4 Posts)
ChocOrange05 Wed 28-Oct-09 13:35:45

Hi all

I am creating a recipe for my husband for saturday night, he's very competitive - kind of an inter-marital come dine with me (!) and part of my recipe is fondant parsnip (to go with fillet of beef and oxtail ravioli) but as I have made this up I can't find a recipe for the parsnip anywhere. I can find lots of potato fondant recipe's though.

So, does anyone have a parsnip fondant recipe? If not, do you think a potato one will work the same?

Thanks!

drfox Wed 28-Oct-09 20:52:18

By fondant parsnips, do you mean mashed?? Sorry to be a retard. My DH made this recipe a few weeks ago and it was lush. Quite rich, so you only need a little.

Serves four
900g (2lb) parsnips
milk to cover
a knob of butter
salt and pepper

peel, cut lengthways, remove core and cut into cubes

put in saucepan and add enough milk to cover

cover with lid and simmer for 15-20 mins until tender. Bliz in food processor to smooth texture and add a little milk if needed.

stir in butter and season (best to use ground white pepper

Hope this helps. Good luck- hope you win!

ChocOrange05 Thu 29-Oct-09 14:41:58

No, fondant parsnips are where you slowly boil the parsnips in stock until the stock disappears and then you kind of glaze them. Thats what the potato fondants are like anyway, but there are lots of different recipes, ones where you totally cover the potatos and ones where you don't (so they don't get too moist) but I don't know if any of these recipes would be suitable for a parsnip??

BobbingForPeachys Thu 29-Oct-09 15:04:37

doesthis give enough clues so you can modify- replace cider with stock etc?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now