Talk

Advanced search

What do you feed your toddlers (and yourself)?

(6 Posts)
Besom Tue 27-Oct-09 17:50:36

I need some inspiration as we always seem to end up eating the same things.

DD is 17 months and quite a good little eater for a toddler, I think. The problem lies with me as I just can't seem to think what to make.

What do your toddlers most love to eat (apart from stuff they found down the side of the couch)?

rubyslippers Tue 27-Oct-09 17:53:42

DS eats everything we do, so stuff like:

Spag bol
shepherds pie
soups - all sorts
stews
sandwiches
cheesy stuff - macaroni or brocolli cheese
fish pie
fish stew
grilled fish and mash

HeadFairy Tue 27-Oct-09 17:57:46

ds loves risottos which are good for varying different vegetables in his diet (butternut squash, peppers, asparagus etc all go in)

He also has a big thing for kedgeree at the moment (got the recipe out of an Annabel K book)

Baked beans on toast with grated cheese on top is another good quickie

Beef casserole with rice and peas. He's being a bit funny about meat texture at the moment so I'm blitzing it a bit at the moment and adding some texture with vegetables (carrots etc)

SparkleandSlime Tue 27-Oct-09 17:57:58

to add to the above...

roast dinners
cauliflower cheese
meatballs or sausage and mash with tomatoes or beans
fish chips and mushy peas
boiled eggs and soldiers

Besom Tue 27-Oct-09 20:27:46

Thanks! I forgot about shepherd's pie. Easy to make in advance too. Will try risotto and cauliflower cheese also.

Do you worry about fish bones with the kedgeree/fish pie? She does like salmon actually so I suppose I could make it with that?

Poohbearsmom Thu 29-Oct-09 00:00:38

For lunch they love my tomato sauce i Make, i fry an onion, few cloves of garlic then add any combo of veg eg peppers, mushrooms, corgette, auburgine etc
And a tin chopped tomato, top wit one or two tins of water depending on how much veg iv added, cook till all da veg r tender, then i add two triangles of soft cheese & liquidise then i add a big spoon of pesto... They jus love it, we hav it wit pasta or jus as a soup wit crackers... They love a mediterrian olive stew i do for dinner, usually stickin the olives on their fingers b4 eatin, which mayb the x-factor of this dish... we r another family for risotto, stews, various combos wit mince etc my boys wont go for sauces tho so fish/chicken pies wont b touched... We always all eat the same meals tho jus chopped for my little man

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now