Talk

Advanced search

Soup recipe to use up cooked roast chicken?

(10 Posts)
teenyweenytadpole Tue 27-Oct-09 17:39:27

I have a cold roast chicken in the fridge from Sunday and fancy making a soup. I have carrots, parsnips, leeks etc. Not sure I want a broth type thing, I was sort of fancying something more creamy, like the old fashioned tinned cream of chicken I used to eat! Any recipes oh wise ones?? (Will two day old chicken be okay for a soup, I am assuming so?)

teenyweenytadpole Tue 27-Oct-09 20:30:21

Bump??

PlumBumMum Tue 27-Oct-09 20:31:36

just boil it in the pot and frezze the stock thats what I do until I know what I'm going to use it for,
pull of any extra chicken

tribeleader Tue 27-Oct-09 20:35:01

boil it up for hour in water with the veg and herbs/seasoning

Remove the carcass and take remaining chicken off the bone, return chicken to pan

Add tomato puree, 2 tins condensed chicken soup and two packets of chicken noodle soup

Simmer for 30 minutes

For creamier soup add milk or cream or more condensed soup

StirlingNeedsAHoliday Tue 27-Oct-09 21:45:37

I love this Chicken Noodle Soup - and the dc do too smile

Cockavita Tue 27-Oct-09 21:49:44

What is all this adding of condensed soup?

Just boil your carcass up with veg and a stock cube. Plenty of seasoning. Simmer. Lift carcass out and pull off all the meat. I usually blitz the soup at this stage and then add the bits of chicken back in. Add a little cream. Et voila.

teenyweenytadpole Tue 27-Oct-09 21:51:06

Thank you - it has all been boiling away merrily and I now have a very steamy chicken-smelling kitchen. I haven't got any cream or condensed soup in the house but might bung some in tomorrow. Thanks for the ideas - the noodle version looks good but will save that for next week! Cheers.

Jajas Tue 27-Oct-09 21:53:19

Must confess am confused at suggestion to add tins of soup? Surely if making one's own it defeats the object to 'spoil' with processed soup. I'm making some up at the moment and boy does it stink the house out!

Cockavita Tue 27-Oct-09 21:59:59

We love homemade soup.

StirlingNeedsAHoliday Tue 27-Oct-09 23:29:37

Well, I have a roast chicken here, with only a bit used at dinner tonight so dc are having noodle soup tomorrow and me and h are having Tom Yam Soup with lots of chillies!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now