Talk

Advanced search

Can you make anything with the left over pumkin when making a lantern?

(12 Posts)
cheekychopsmum Tue 27-Oct-09 14:57:03

It's a bit bland isn't it, but don't like the idea of just throwing it away?

murderonthemidnightexpress Tue 27-Oct-09 15:00:14

I have a pot of pumpkin soup on the cooker at the moment. I've added a little bit of ground cloves and nutmeg to give it a bit more flavour, and was thinking of dropping some bits of gouda or similar in it when it's served.

I've also done butternut squash soup with honey and mustard, which is good too (you could equally use a pumpkin).

oxocube Wed 28-Oct-09 16:35:21

pumpkin pie?

eyetunes Wed 28-Oct-09 16:36:36

pumpkin soup is the absolute dogs bollocks. I got my receipe from the what to eat now programme last year. is prob somewhere on the web.

sweetnitanitro Wed 28-Oct-09 16:39:39

Another vote for pumpkin soup grin I made some the other day with coconut milk, carrots and coriander, it was yummy! It is a bit bland but if you mix it with other stuff it makes a lovely soup.

andlipsticktoo Wed 28-Oct-09 16:40:27

pumpkin soup - I make mine with roasted red and yellow peppers, onion, carrot and chilli. It's lovely, and you can toast the pumpkins seeds and put them on the top for a bit of crunch!

eyetunes Wed 28-Oct-09 16:51:04

pumpkin soup, i missed out the sherry though as didn't fancy that

eyetunes Wed 28-Oct-09 16:51:45

bugger the link has not worked grin

TheDevilEatsBabies Wed 28-Oct-09 16:59:45

my pumpkin soup is stupidly easy. i chop up two onions, boil the kettle for a pint of stock (i use swiss bouillon powder), throw in some ground coriander and boil (with the pumpkin) for half an hour.
then whizz it in the blender.

i'm not sure how much in weight i use for pumpkin, but if you're pulling the flesh out from a 10" pumpkin, then you'll be about right with a pint of stock.

grin

StirlingNeedsAHoliday Wed 28-Oct-09 21:17:41

Lots of Pumpkin recipes HERE

cyanarasamba Thu 29-Oct-09 20:23:59

<sigh> I bought a pumpkin specifically to make pumpkin scones and there was no flesh - just seeds!

Great for lanterns though, I suppose.....

PeterDominic Thu 29-Oct-09 20:27:14

dh once found a recipe for making chilli salt seeds out of the...seeds
you baked them iirc
were nice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now