Talk

Advanced search

Dairy and Soya Free Recipes - anyone?

(3 Posts)
WidgetWB Tue 27-Oct-09 14:43:58

I have three boys, one is allergic to soya, the other is allergic to dairy, and the third is mildly unhappy with both. So - lucky me! Meal times are rather unexciting - does anyone have recipe ideas for suppers and lunchbox ideas?

theDeadPirateRoberts Tue 27-Oct-09 14:47:29

There's a new blog here with stuff going up all the time. The main dishes might not be good for children (although my 5yo ate the tagine), but the apple cake is to die for... smile

BLeedINGandLovingit Tue 27-Oct-09 14:48:58

DH doesn't eat diary. How are the boys on salads? Pasta salads can work well with pasta, meat/fish, vegetables and olive oil/balsamic vinegar

Chick breasts (cut them in half lengthways if they're large ones) wrapped in bacon/pancetta/parma ham and roasted in a tin with tomatoes and some olive oil and herbs is delicious. [I'm planning to try a version this week with chunks of new potatoes in the roasting dish too].

Soups can be made and then the milkiness option of choice added at the end in the bowl - eg spinach and pea soup can have yoghurt added for one, soy milk for the other (not sure about the third though... sorry). Or do veggie soups like butternut and coconut (I have a good butternut, butterbean and coconut soup recipe I can track down if you like).

If they eat tomatoes, any kind of stew/curry with a tomato base will work well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now