Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for a "spooky" birthday cake for 5 YO please!

(11 Posts)
fridayschild Tue 27-Oct-09 13:25:53

DS2 has requested a spooky birthday cake. I've showed him the pictures I liked from the Hallowe'en threads - I thought some of the cup cakes would do if they were normal sized, but His Majesty says not! Has anyone got any other suggestions?

Scootergrrrl Tue 27-Oct-09 13:33:31

Nigella does one with black sugarpaste icing and those spooky lolies stuck in it.

fridayschild Tue 27-Oct-09 13:44:17

Sorry - this is another requirement I should have mentioned - not too much black sugar paste. I used quite a lot for an Omnitrix cake for DS1's birthday in April and they don't like it. Also none of the kids eat the cake, IME. People who are nearly five clearly do not understand the concept of Mission Impossible.

I'll look at the Nigella thing to see if would work with chocolate buttercream icing.

TubOfLardWithInferiorRange Tue 27-Oct-09 15:05:03

[http://www.countryliving.com/cm/countryliving/images/66/CLX100108000SUB-de.jpg I'd go with something simple] What has always been a total hit at Halloween parties here is the punch in a black plastic cauldron with dry ice. Now that's spooky!

TubOfLardWithInferiorRange Tue 27-Oct-09 15:05:47

trying again with the picture

fridayschild Tue 27-Oct-09 21:29:54

wow, that would be cool! Where do you get dry ice from?

murderonthemidnightexpress Tue 27-Oct-09 21:31:44

Scootergrrrl, do you know where you can get the spooky jelly lollies she uses? I was thinking of doing sth like Nigella's one for Halloween, but I can't find them anywhere.

etchasketch Tue 27-Oct-09 21:34:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Scootergrrrl Wed 28-Oct-09 11:20:14

I saw some lollies on ebay, bizarrely enough.

TubOfLardWithInferiorRange Thu 29-Oct-09 05:35:10

I get the dry ice at the supermarket but I live in the U.S.

fridayschild Thu 29-Oct-09 17:50:56

Thanks Marmaduke, I'll look in Waitrose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now