Talk

Advanced search

M & S meal for 4 was fab - so much chicken left though. Any ideas?

(6 Posts)
yogabird Tue 27-Oct-09 06:55:40

Whatt can i do with all of the chicken. We had chicken pie last week, so perhaps not that.

On another note completely anyone feeling inspired to help me plan a supper party for 8 people? Something which is not too labour intensive but produces a yummy meal that looks as if some trouble has been taken?

blametheparents Tue 27-Oct-09 07:52:22

With chicken left overs I normally make either chicken pie (is it is very popular here) or chicken curry.

Supper party for 8 - At this time of year I would go for a big casserole type thing like lamb tagine or beef bourginon (with loads of mashed potato). Can make the casserole the day before and just reheat it on the day which adds to the flavour too.

StirlingNeedsAHoliday Tue 27-Oct-09 08:36:42

I make either a chicken soup with lots of veg in or chicken noodle soup (with lots of chilli for the grown ups).

Or maybe a curry/biryani?

yogabird Tue 27-Oct-09 13:30:22

thanks so far, liking the sound of the beef - any other ideas esp for the supper party?

yogabird Tue 27-Oct-09 17:55:28

bump?

tasmaniandevilchaser Tue 27-Oct-09 17:58:46

risotto. use the carcass to make stock. sorry trying to type with 1 hand and contain dd...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now