Talk

Advanced search

Good slow cooker recipes please!

(6 Posts)
alicet Mon 26-Oct-09 20:13:39

I have a slow cooker that I have never used. Loving the idea of coming home from work to a lovely steaming hot casserole in the winter though!!!

Preferably something that doesn't require too much prep the night before and more of the just bunging it all in and sticking it on next am! Anything that requires maintenance above and beyond switching slow cooker on in tha am will not be great as I am crap in mornings.

looking forward to your top tips! smile

leedslassy Mon 26-Oct-09 20:24:15

with mine i throw in the meat and chopped veg (or get a bag of frozen casserole veg if you can't be bothered chopping like me!!) cover with water/casserole sauce mix/jar and leave on low for about 8 hours (thats usually the time I am out at work). By the time I get home i can the just stir it or if i didnt put sauce in it already I add gravy granules or drain a bit of the water out and add the jar of sauce.

Furball Mon 26-Oct-09 20:24:48

loads [http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=490232&postcount=9 here]

also do a mn search, a million and one previous delious threads smile

Furball Mon 26-Oct-09 20:25:10

oops sorry

satansauruswrecks Mon 26-Oct-09 21:32:25

I made Beef in Guinness, and it was divine!! It's even better if you leave it a day before eating it.

2lb Stewing steak
carrots
onion
mushrooms
2 bay leaves
2 oxo cubes
1 bottle (330mls) Guinness Export strength
1 tsp dried thyme
2tsp plain flour
salt
pepper
Put the salt, pepper and flour in a freezer bag, seal and mix well. Throw in the beef and give it a good shake, ensuring the beef is coated in flour.
Stick the beef and all the other ingredients into the slow cooker. Turn it on to low, and leave for 6-8 hours, or until the beef is really tender.
I usually have enough to serve 2 adults and a child portion of stew, and then enough leftovers to make a pie.
nom nom nom.

alicet Tue 27-Oct-09 18:41:45

Thanks lovely ladies - my mouth is watering at the thought!

Will get it out of hibernation and have a go...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now