Talk

Advanced search

blue food colouring

(5 Posts)
BackOffMargery Mon 26-Oct-09 19:39:04

Hello

I had my DS's second birthday party today and made some mini cupcakes. I used some blue food colouring from Lakeland in the icing and put a bit too much in. OH's mouth went blue from it...

How bad is blue food colouring for kiddies? It didn't didn't cross my mind when I made the cakes that food colouring isn't the best thing for a two year old to consume, oops.

Thanks

Guimuahahahahahaaaaaaa Tue 27-Oct-09 14:40:11

I would have thought it's perfectly safe, but I imagine you may be experiencing some blue poo in the near future, if you haven't already!

BackOffMargery Tue 27-Oct-09 20:31:28

I ate loads of it, I shall have to check my own, ha ha ha, euw!

cakeywakey Tue 27-Oct-09 20:33:51

Hee hee, my DH had a blue number two (numeral, not poo!) cake for his second birthday and ate so much of it that he did indeed have blue number twos grin

UniS Tue 27-Oct-09 20:35:33

Its heck of lot better for them than blue paint.
I think the blue shows up SO much because its very different colour to skin, red/ yellow we don't notice so much. Just wait till your DS discovers blue ice cream ( its bubble gum flavour) and blue lollipops.
I was using blue food colouring on my lads hair when he was 2. its good temporary ( party) hair colour for a white blonde child.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now