Talk

Advanced search

my kids are really into MasterChef..

(8 Posts)
meltedmarsbars Sun 25-Oct-09 15:08:08

.. they are 8 and 10, and so we ended up having a go at making the caramel baskets for desserts made on the last programme.

what a faff!! But looked great!

I suppose the programme is not really aimed at kids.

JANEITEPatrickNormanMcHennesy Sun 25-Oct-09 15:11:09

Ooh lovely!

My girls are 14 and 12 and announced this morning that they will make dinner tonight and present it to 'Michelin standards!!'

They have chosen to make:

Homemade pesto with spaghetti, roasted tomatoes, a rocket salad and homemade garlic ciabatta, followed by Eton mess.

I'm hoping that they will wash up with as much enthusiasm too!

MrsBadger Sun 25-Oct-09 15:26:45

grin
not sure about the kids but it has been inspiring DH no end - dinners chez badge have been outstanding in the last two weeks

Personally I have my eye on the Michelin-starred rice cripsy cakes from the final episode...

JANEITEPatrickNormanMcHennesy Sun 25-Oct-09 16:28:31

Are any of the recipes online, does anybody know?

Adair Sun 25-Oct-09 16:29:58

Yes, YES. This is why you have kids, no? And you tell them if you are Very Very Good then maybe you can make me tea/breakfast in bed/the dinner.

StirlingNeedsAHoliday Sun 25-Oct-09 17:44:26

Glad it isn't just mine grin

I am currently sitting on my hands whilst my 10 yr old DS cooks this.

Just 5 minutes to go!

Ooh speaking of Masterchef, I keep having pervy dreams about Michel Roux Jr. blush He's looovely.

Erm, as you were.

BecauseImWorthIt Sun 25-Oct-09 17:51:58

I was wondering about the recipes as well. I fancy that banana cake, Guinness icecream, salted walnuts and smoked butterscotch sauce myself.

Would be even better if I could get the DC to make it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now