Talk

Advanced search

Uncomfortable with cows milk

(4 Posts)
Spongebob Tue 14-Jun-05 15:34:13

Hi guys. I just wondered if anyone had had similar experience: My DS (11 month) started having cows milk on his cereal at around 7 months, and he was fine up until about 3 weeks ago. He started pooing for England, runny, green horrible. Also he started to wake up in the night with obvious wind. The Doc told me he may have had a bug and to stop the cows milk for a few days, then re-introduce. I did this and he was instantly better. Poo normal, behaviour better etc. I re-introduced cows milk again a few days ago and the problems started staight away. He's fine with formula milk, cheese, butter etc., just cant seem to handle a lot of cows milk ie. on his cereal. Any suggestions?

Gem13 Tue 14-Jun-05 15:35:43

My GP said to move onto goats milk or soya milk for 6 weeks to let DS's system recover fully from the bug.

We did this twice and then switched back and he's been fine.

Spongebob Tue 14-Jun-05 21:04:26

Thanks. I bought some goats milk today as I'd heard that its easier to digest than cows.

NannyL Tue 14-Jun-05 21:06:35

if he cant handle it can i suggest you either use formular or goats milk?

maybe when hes slightly larger he will be able to tolerate it again?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: