Talk

Advanced search

Sunday family puddings

(15 Posts)
Waswondering Sat 24-Oct-09 19:43:37

Ds (6) has proclaimed that henceforth we should have puddings on Sundays - so looking for ideas! So far have rice pudding (yummily easy), Nigella's easy sticky toffee and Nigella's roly poly - but latter strictly rationed as it's soooo bad for my waistline!

Any other ideas? Dh is rather fond of butterscotch angel delight, which is again very cheap and cheerful.

Crumbles too . . .

Any more?

Leslaki Sat 24-Oct-09 19:45:42

My dcs (6 and 7) love a Sundae on a Sunday!! usually strawberries, icecream, meringue crumbles and lotys of sauce - topped by a few 'Planets' or other sweets!

blametheparents Sat 24-Oct-09 19:48:51

We are having apple crumble tomorrow, great at this time of year.

Jamie Oliver Ministry of Food book has a great chocolate pudding which is lovely and can be prepared ahead and then just bunged in the oven while you eat dinner.

FrightsMonth Sat 24-Oct-09 19:50:14

profiteroles
apple pie
ice cream
meringue nests

My sisters & I used to take in turns to make the Sunday pudding, and got quite competitive about it - trifles, charlotte russe, elaborately decorated pies.

Waswondering Sat 24-Oct-09 20:01:18

Forgot about profiteroles and trifle!

Will look up that Jamie recipe . . .

StirlingNeedsAHoliday Sat 24-Oct-09 20:31:06

Banoffee Pie, although I dont bake the base - I put it in the fridge for a bit to set.

Melting Chocolate Puddings

Lemon Pudding

Sticky Toffee Pudding

Bread & Butter Pudding

Oooh, I love a good pudding - with custard obviously!

hannahsaunt Sat 24-Oct-09 20:37:05

Nigella's chocolate pear pudding from Nigella Express - it's fab. Even more so with the hot chocolate sauce earlier in the book smile.

brightwell Sat 24-Oct-09 21:05:34

There was a Dorset apple traybake discussed here a few weeks ago, it's on the BBC Good Food site.(Sorry...no idea how to do links) It's lovely we had it freshly baked with custard, cold with icecream and I even had enough to take a big slab into work to share.

StirlingNeedsAHoliday Sat 24-Oct-09 23:52:17

Dorset Apple Taybake - It is gorgeous, especially hot with custard!

Cadelaide Sat 24-Oct-09 23:55:09

Any kind of fruit with sponge on top (125g sr flour, sugar and butter, 2 eggs). Add stuff to sponge to complement fruit, eg choc or ginger with pears, cinnamon with apple, almond with raspberries.

lovechoc Sat 31-Oct-09 11:35:25

I buy the cartons of frozen fruit in Tesco and made a quick crumble mix, takes about 30 mins on GM4. Very easy to make and cheap aswell.

lilolilmanchester Sat 31-Oct-09 22:40:37

try making your rice pudding with coconut milk or a mix of coconut milk and ordinary milk - so tasty & light

LetThereBeRock Sat 31-Oct-09 22:45:36

Nigella's caramel croissant pudding.

displayuntilbestbefore Sat 31-Oct-09 22:49:36

I'm going to try this - not sure if it will work, but it looks delicious!
uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/512342

FiveGoMadonTheDanceFloor Sat 31-Oct-09 22:49:46

Crumble of any kind.

I have a great recipe for microwave golden syrup steamed pudding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now