Talk

Advanced search

Honey cupcakes - surprisingly yummy

(6 Posts)
pipWereRabbit Sat 24-Oct-09 16:57:17

I've just invented a new sort of cupcake (well new in our house anyway) [[ proud emoticon]]

It's a squidgy honey cupcake. The DCs wanted to cook, and I had limited ingredients, so wondered what would happen if I used honey as a flavour for the cupcakes.

All I did was stir a teaspoon of set honey into my one-egg sponge mix, just after I'd added the egg, but before I added the flour.

Cupcakes cooked as usual, once ready I heated another teaspoon of honey in the microwave until it was runny. Then I spooned a little runny honey over each cup cake. They came out all lovely and squidgy.

So excited I had to share grin.

pipWereRabbit Sat 24-Oct-09 17:03:46

Update - all 6 cupcakes have now been eaten. Will have to make a larger (much larger) batch next time grin.

extremelychocolateymilkroll Sat 24-Oct-09 17:36:36

Thanks pip - will have to try. Sounds lovely. Can you give the recipe you used?

pipWereRabbit Sat 24-Oct-09 21:34:17

1 egg will give you approx. 6 cupcakes (or maybe one or two more). Start by deciding the no. of eggs you are going to use.

1. Weigh eggs in shells - put to one side. This will give you the weight for all your other ingredients. I'm going to call this weight a 'portion'.

2. Weigh out a portion of margarine or soft butter into a bowl.

3. Add a portion of caster sugar.

4. Beat fat and sugar together until light and fluffy.

5. Beat in your eggs.

5A. Add 1tsp honey per egg if making honey cakes - for ordinary sponge go straight to step 6.

6. Sift in one portion of self-raising flour and fold until mixed.

7. Spoon into cupcake tin. Cook at approx. 180 for 10-12 mins, until sponge is a littel bouncy when prodded.

8. Drizzle warm runny honey over the top of warm cakes and eat as soon as they are cool enough.

I hope that makes sense. Please let me know if I've confused things, don't often write my recipes down grin.

overmydeadbody Sat 24-Oct-09 21:35:32

lovely

extremelychocolateymilkroll Sat 24-Oct-09 23:15:25

Thanks very much pip - tbh, will only make sense to me when I try to make it so will feed back then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now