Talk

Advanced search

Pumpkin and coriander soup?

(9 Posts)
MrFibble Fri 23-Oct-09 09:07:38

Do you think it will work? Am tempted to try roasting the pumpkin with a brushing of olive oil and crushed coriander seeds, frying up some onion, bung it together with some stock and then serve it garnished with fresh coriander. What do you think? It will work?

JetLi Fri 23-Oct-09 09:30:17

Sounds lush smile
My sis does a Thai-style pumpkin soup which is also scrummy, based on this recipe but without the rice balls.
Delia does a nice roast pumpkin soup

fishie Fri 23-Oct-09 09:31:15

yes it will be lovely. i did similar earlier in the week but added some carrots and ground ginger. fresh ginger might be nice too.

MrFibble Fri 23-Oct-09 10:00:52

Um.. Ginger. Even have some fresh ginger in my fridge. Will go and fish it out.

overmydeadbody Fri 23-Oct-09 13:14:01

Yes it will work and be lovely.

MrFibble Fri 23-Oct-09 17:15:06

And so it was! Unfortunately the addition of chopped coriander leaves rendered it inedible according to my 22mo DS who decided to use it as face paint instead .

MontyPieThong Sat 24-Oct-09 13:42:02

The soup sounds lovely. I am buying a large pumkin for the children to carve and wondered if I could scoop out the flesh and roast it this way or does it need to go in the oven in its skin?

MrFibble Sat 24-Oct-09 19:49:44

I actually didn't roast it in the end, just stirred the chopped up pumpkin into the oily onion bits and it seemed to work.

MontyPieThong Sun 25-Oct-09 08:00:42

Thanks MrFibble, sounds yummy, will give it a go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now