Talk

Advanced search

Cook Food homecooked delivered meals (for v lazy mummies!)

(10 Posts)
PDR Thu 22-Oct-09 12:34:14

I am sooooooooo lazy and sometimes get home really late from work and can't be bothered to cook.

I also spend a fortune in M&S on things I can just bung in the oven and pass off as homemade.

I found this company that delivery frozen "homecooked" family size meals right to your door - they delivered to me yesterday and we ate the lasagne last night and it was great!

I have ordered a few more meals to bung in the freezer for next week

If you spend over £55 then delivery is free.

Came with a LOT of packaging, but it can all be put in the recycle bin

Just thought I'd post on here in case there are any other lazy busy mummies that would like a homecooked meal when they get home!

http://www.cookfood.net/

JJ Thu 22-Oct-09 12:36:33

I've tried them. Wasn't impressed at all.

PDR Thu 22-Oct-09 12:44:02

Oh really JJ? What did you have? I have only eaten the lasagne so far! (A bit worried as I now have loads of meals on the way!) shock

JJ Thu 22-Oct-09 12:48:47

It was something with mash on top. It tasted like that instant mash - I find that stuff inedible! Nothing was quite right; I was very disappointed.

I had bought a few too, to give us a break when my son was in the hospital. It just didn't work for us at all, unfortunately.

There's a chance I'm somewhat picky, though. I hope you like yours; sorry for worrying you!

PDR Thu 22-Oct-09 12:50:11

Ok, I will eat more and report back!

I am not so fussy (low standards!)

overmydeadbody Thu 22-Oct-09 12:51:10

hmm

pooter Thu 22-Oct-09 12:55:41

Well i found them very useful when i first had DS and again this pregnancy when i was so sick i couldnt contemplate going into the kitchen. I heard about them on MN and was really grateful!

We only had the veggie meals, but their nut roast is one of the best ive tasted, and i love their mushroom stroganoff and the indonesian veggie curry. Yum.

I also got a box as a pressie for my little bro and his wife when they had their second child - they were v pleased too smile

Actually, i have a promotional code.....
10% off if you type 1009 if you order in oct.

PDR Thu 22-Oct-09 12:57:22

pooter

mushroom strog. check!
veggie curry check!

thanks for the code - will try and get 1 more order in before the end of the month.

need to make more room in the freezer!!!!!!!!

Chrissy50 Wed 17-May-17 16:08:50

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

KustardKat Fri 19-May-17 11:15:10

I have tried them and think they are a bit hit and miss. I find the portion sizes quite small and I wouldn't say I'm a massive eater.

The lasagne is good and the curries but generally food I make at home tastes much nicer and probably a lot more healthy. Good for a one-off though.

I also tried those one pot meal things and found them very bland and I was starving an hour later. The macaroni cheese was very watery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now