Talk

Advanced search

Quick and easy (but impressive!) pudding needed- for this afternoon. Aargh!

(9 Posts)
TheRedSalamander Sun 18-Oct-09 08:26:27

We are going to DH's work friend/ex boss/potential boss's for lunch this afternoon and dh has just reminded me that "we" are bringing pud. Anyone have any simple but rather delish ideas please? Was considering doing a version of Jamie Olivers meringue with whipped cream, hot choc sauce pears and hazlenuts- but with bought meringue. Or bread pudding? Anything else you can suggest?

ssd Sun 18-Oct-09 08:28:34

M&S

and send dh

OOOOOOOOOOOpsacoconut Sun 18-Oct-09 08:29:15

what about this?

Ivykaty44 Sun 18-Oct-09 08:29:50

lemon suprise pudding?

It is a spongey type pudding except you seperate the eggs and whisk the whites so the pud is light and fluffy, squuezes of lemon and orange jucie gives the pudding a sauce at the bottom.

ideal eaten hot or cold.

Bread and butter pudding but made with chocolate spread wink served with cream

or a blackberry and apple crumble - good old fav ofr this time of year.

TheHAUNTEDHouseofMirth Sun 18-Oct-09 08:35:14

Make the meringue. It only takes a few mins to whip it up and is so much more impressive than a rock hard shop bought one.

Furball Sun 18-Oct-09 08:50:01

this is lovely and really really easy toffee apple pudding

(I didn't use pecans as didn't have any

ABetaDad Sun 18-Oct-09 08:51:05

Don't make meringue - go to M&S and buy it.

TheHAUNTEDHouseofMirth Sun 18-Oct-09 10:12:59

Quicker to make it...

TheRedSalamander Mon 19-Oct-09 16:12:41

Thanks for all the ideas, in the end time overtook me (as it does with a hungover husband who was incapable of looking after our two small ds’s after wetting the baby’s head with our friend next door- they’d had their second child on sat;) ), so sorry I didn’t reply. I took a chocolate fondue. Green & blacks dark ginger choc in the pot, with whole grapes/strawberry pieces and little chunks of Madeira cake to dip in. Mmmmmmm! They’d done a delish meatballs & spaghetti with garlic bread & salad so our tums felt suitably happy afterwards.

Lemon pud sounds fab though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now