Talk

Advanced search

can i rescue this soup?

(5 Posts)
heartofgold Fri 16-Oct-09 14:53:11

i'm making celery and stilton soup, with half milk half stock. let it bubble a bit too vigorously and now it's split have put a bit of cornflour in, in hope it might stabilise, haven't put any cheese anywhere near it yet.

what do you reckon, will it come back together at the whizzing stage? or ditch it and start again? ingredients so far cost much less than the cheese, so would rather start again if it'll be horrible once the cheese goes in. but would have to go and buy more celery in that case, so would rather not if poss.

heartofgold Fri 16-Oct-09 15:20:03

it whizzed up beuatifully, totally smooth. but then i put too much cheese in and turned it into stilton and stilton soup not sure i can be bothered to cook up more celery to rectify such ill fated soup...

overmydeadbody Fri 16-Oct-09 20:22:37

See, this is why I don't get soup.

Celery is the food of the devil.

Milk should be kept for cereal.

And stilton is far too delishious to waste in soup.

Better luck next time heartofgold

Crapweasel Fri 16-Oct-09 20:24:55

Hmm I'm 7 weeks pregnant and stilton and stilton soup sounds strangely appealing. Forbidden fruit I guess. grin

stakethroughtheheartofgold Fri 16-Oct-09 20:44:26

oh man i craved nothing but blue cheese, pate and soft fried eggs all through my pgs...

i used to hate celery (celeriac even more so) but it's grown on me over the years, i can't do without it in e.g. bolognese or chicken soup and i'm actually quite fond of it now.

i did bother to cook up some more celery in the end and it's turned out really nice - even my soup-phobic 6yo said she likes it (though i'm not putting any money on her eating a whole bowlful).

i am putting money on me taking my eye off the ball and boiling it to buggery when i reheat it tomorrow though...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now