Talk

Advanced search

Transporting a hot turkey for 13 people!

(7 Posts)
sheeplikessleep Wed 14-Oct-09 20:33:34

I know this might be better in Christmas, but I thought more 'foodies' might read this forum!

Has anyone seen any bags that can be used to transport a hot turkey - to keep it warm and without dripping fat anywhere! Could use foil, but I guess that might leak / stick to the skin? It needs to be transported in 30 minute car journey.

Any pointers would be appreciated - cheers!

claricebeansmum Wed 14-Oct-09 20:40:11

Cool box or bag.

Without the freezer box. Obviously.

Alternatively, wrap turkey in foil. Place in cardboard box surrounded by shredded paper/straw.

Should be fine as turkey is supposed to rest before carving.

HTH

sheeplikessleep Wed 14-Oct-09 20:44:58

Thanks claricebeansmum. I did think of that, I guess I was being lazy, thinking somewhere might sell those bags like you get chickens wrapped in from hot delis in supermarket. And, the thought of cleaning out fat etc from cool box was a task I thought could be avoided grin

Thanks for posting - wrapped in foil in cardboard box sounds much easier.

RTKangaMummy Wed 14-Oct-09 20:47:31

We will be doing this too

I think we will take on the turkey plate wrapped in tin foil

BUT our journey is only 10 mins

mololoko Wed 14-Oct-09 21:12:15

my mum cooks the turkey every christmas morning and brings it to our house (1 hour away). it then sits here for at least an hour before we're ready to eat and it's always DELICIOUS! really juicy and rested.

she wraps it on foil, puts it in a roasting dish to catch any juices, then in a freezer box padded out with tea towels. we then use the juices to make the gravy. works a treat.

CMOTdibbler Wed 14-Oct-09 21:18:03

If you cooked it in a roasting bag then that would keep all the juices in, then you could overwrap. Should stop you having to clean a cool box

claricebeansmum Thu 15-Oct-09 11:03:44

Moloko - do you wring out the tea towels to make the gravy? gringrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now