Talk

Advanced search

When you do eggs, how many eggs do you do?

(8 Posts)
MaMight Wed 14-Oct-09 14:24:29

How many per person?

How many per adult? How many per child?

Does this vary according to method of cooking?

We're doing boiled eggs tonight and I have this weird mental block about doing more than six eggs. It just seems so excessive. But between the four of us, six eggs never seem to go far hmm.

eyetunes Wed 14-Oct-09 14:25:39

Not sure of the age of dc, but would do 2 for me 3 for dh and 2 for each child.

Which is an awful lot of eggs!

MatNanPlus Wed 14-Oct-09 14:27:11

I do 2 per child be it boiled, scrambled, poached or fried.

Hubby can eat 4 in scrambled, omelett.

PrettyCandles Wed 14-Oct-09 14:29:18

1 for each child, 2 for me, 2 or 3 for dh (depending on how hungry he is). Dd will often want 2 as well. So that makes 7-9 eggs for the five of us. More if scrambled, as scrambled eggs never seem to go as far as boiled or sunny-side-up.

We tend to use large eggs, or even extra-large when I can get to the farm to buy them (instead of supermarket). If we're having medium eggs, then we will have even more at one sitting.

overmydeadbody Wed 14-Oct-09 14:30:31

2 per person for boiled eggs. Maybe 3 for a hungry adult.

Are you ^just having boiled eggs and soldiers or are you using boiled eggs for a recipe like fish pie or kedgeree or something?

Hulababy Wed 14-Oct-09 14:31:15

2 per person generally, for me, DH and 7y DD.

MrsBadger Wed 14-Oct-09 14:34:35

depends for which meal

boiled for breakfast after cereal and toast etc, one each for me and the dcs, 2 for DH

scrambled for tea we'd need 8 for 2 adults and a 2yo

thing is when they are the main part of the meal they go much less far than (eg) making a frittata with them as there's no addition of spuds, veg, meat, cheese etc

but when you compare the price per portion to meat they are v good value.

colditz Wed 14-Oct-09 14:36:09

2 each, regardless of age.

6 eggs will not feed 4 people.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now