Talk

Advanced search

Cake making/food colouring experts - how do I do 'primary' green?

(5 Posts)
stealthsquiggle Tue 13-Oct-09 14:43:48

..yes I do know that green is not a primary colour, but it was the best word I could think of to describe the colour I am after - that being the green that gets used in otherwise primary-coloured toys, etc. I have a couple of cakes to do for very small boys and wanted to do a colourful combination of toys/balloons. The green paste I have is 'spruce green' and is too muddy to ever come up with a clean bright green.

What colour paste am I after, do you think - or is it easier to start with blue and yellow?

RubysReturn Tue 13-Oct-09 20:58:49

Would it be easier to buy a pack of regal like
this?

Also avoids having green hands for 2 days if you are like me!

stealthsquiggle Tue 13-Oct-09 21:16:14

Possibly, yes - but also that (bottle green) may also be the shade of paste I am looking for.

BTW I have discovered the solution to green (or other colour) hands - a kitchenaid mixer with a dough hook grin - and I bought a 5kg box of white for the many cakes I have to do over the next six weeks, so I don't especially want to buy green if I can help it.

I think a trip to my (very friendly but not very local) sugracraft shop is called for.

overmydeadbody Tue 13-Oct-09 21:22:42

buy green food colouring. It is the shade of green you asre after, a clean grass green.

RubysReturn Tue 13-Oct-09 21:28:10

Ah I have a very local and yet very unfriendly cake shop! The green I have in a mixed pack from lakeland is pretty good. Have managed to make everything from minty green to regular green with that

envy at kitchenaid
That shade?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now