Talk

Advanced search

Milk Recipies

(7 Posts)
SPARKLER1 Sat 11-Jun-05 10:58:44

We have started having our milk delivered by the milkman over the last week. Dh gave him the order as to how much we required each week and it looks as though we have ordered too much. The fridge has hardly anything in it apart from bottles and bottles of milk and a 3 litre box of white wine.
Any good recipies out there that I could use the mlik in? TIA

lucy5 Sat 11-Jun-05 11:04:20

Rice pudding etc. Boil milk and grate cheese in it, it forms a mulch and have it on toast, this was what my grandfather used to gives us when we were ill, sounds strange tastes yum. Milkshake, blamange, this is quite difficult. I'll have a think.

Surfermum Sat 11-Jun-05 11:15:34

Let the milk go off, it's more important that the wine is kept cool .

SPARKLER1 Sat 11-Jun-05 11:18:05

Thanks Surfermum - I knew someone would come up with some good advice on here! LOL

anorak Sat 11-Jun-05 11:22:23

Cauliflower cheese, macaroni cheese, lasagne with a layer of cheese sauce.

Custard tart, milk jelly, creamy soups, homemade ice cream.

SPARKLER1 Sat 11-Jun-05 11:42:12

Milk jelly? Sounds nice. How do you make it? Hot milk instead of boiling water??

Fran1 Sat 11-Jun-05 12:09:41

Bread and butter pudding. Butter both sides of several slices of bread and cut into quarters. Grease a dish and layer the bread in. Pour over enough milk to just cover the bread. You can mix rasins in if you wish. Sprinkle nutmeg on top and cook for about 30mins.

I think for the jelly you do half milk half water but could be wrong!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now