Talk

Advanced search

Vegan puddings

(5 Posts)
Limelight Tue 13-Oct-09 10:05:33

Friends of my husband are coming round to dinner on Thursday and one of them is vegan. I'll admit to being a bit ignorant of a world without eggs and butter when it comes to pud.

Can anyone give me some help? I had thought about trying to use tofu in some way? I know there are Japanese puddings that use tofu.

Honestly - completely clueless!!

sarah293 Tue 13-Oct-09 10:06:59

Message withdrawn

TheArmadillo Tue 13-Oct-09 10:19:26

You can replicate standard puddings by just switching the butter/milk/cream/ice cream for the dairy free substitutes. Just watch out for anything with eggs/honey in. I often do swedish glace ice cream substitute (very good and available in supermarkets) with a homemade fruit coulis.

This is what I do - the soya ones are the best. (am not vegan but don't eat dairy). Going out to eat is a pain though as all puddings in pubs/resturants have dairy in hmm

julienoshoes Tue 13-Oct-09 14:14:55

This vegan carrot cake is divine.
I made it on Saturday (and I am no baker-usually leave it to my daughters) and a friend who is a really good vegan cook was in raptures

Limelight Tue 13-Oct-09 18:22:27

Thanks everyone. That carrot cake looks lovely!

Figured out what I'm going to do - a friend reminded me I can poach pears. Why didn't that dawn on me before?!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now