Talk

Advanced search

Loaf tin sizes, help needed

(5 Posts)
Flower3545 Tue 13-Oct-09 06:22:17

Baby woke at silly-o-clock this morning and it's taken so long to get her back to sleep that I'm wide awakeangry

I decided to make a tea loaf, which I haven't made for years BTW, and began soaking the fruit etc and I'm now ready to put the mixture into what the recipe calls for, a 1lb loaf tin.

I have two rectangular tins, both the same size, but I can't tell if their 1lb ones or not. They aren't marked in any way as far as I can see, is there a clever way to tell what weight they'll hold or do I just guess?

Oh why did I ever start baking at this ungodly hourhmm peoples brains don't work properly this early do they?

TeeteringOnTheEdge Tue 13-Oct-09 06:27:12

1lb is generally the smallest you can get. 2lb would be the most popular size.

If it is 2lb then the tea-cakes will just be a little flat. But who cares when your eating it a silly-o-clock tomorrow morning. grin

Flower3545 Tue 13-Oct-09 06:37:04

Very true grin

They don't look that big really more average, they are about 8 inches long by about 3 inches high, does that help?

silverwoodhelpdesk Mon 19-Oct-09 13:12:59

8" x 3" would be a 1lb Loaf Pan. It should also be possible to obtain a 1/2 lb one (we make them) or even 2 x 1/2 lb ones so you can split your recipe, eat one and freeze one as you may not have to bake at such a time in the morning again, and it is always useful to have something on hand in the freezer. That said,ir must be nice for everyone else in the house to wake up to the small of baking!

silverwoodhelpdesk Mon 19-Oct-09 13:15:39

It would be even better to wake up to the SMELL of baking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now