Talk

Advanced search

Cupcake books....any recommendations please?

(7 Posts)
RosieMBanks Mon 12-Oct-09 11:11:49

Would like to try making something a bit more exciting than my usual fairy cakes topped with a Smartie, but bemused by wealth of books on offer from Hummingbird Bakery, Primrose Bakery et al...any recommendations?

sugardumpling Mon 12-Oct-09 11:15:56

Hello! I have Cupcakes by Susannah Blake, bought it from Waterstones and it has some lovely recipes including lavender and rose water cupcakes,banofee ones as well, lovely

overmydeadbody Mon 12-Oct-09 12:55:07

If you don't mind not actually having a ^book, as such, I recommend you just use the wealth of the internet, there are literally hundreds of cupcake/muffin/fairy cake recipes out there, easy ones, complicated ones, step by step tutorials, youtube clips and photos on the internet to help you make hundreds.

So I would say don't waste your money and use the internet instead smile

overmydeadbody Mon 12-Oct-09 12:56:35

And also remember that any cake recipe can be put into cupcakes and baked, so any recipes you have can be adapted.

extremelychocolateymilkroll Mon 12-Oct-09 17:39:38

A friend of mine was given the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook and absolutely loves it. She has put on weight since getting it though so beware...

viennesewhirl Tue 13-Oct-09 22:09:17

Cupcake Magic by Kate Shirazi

StrictlyBoogying Wed 14-Oct-09 20:55:14

I've got Cupcakes from The Primrose Bakery and Bake me I'm yours...Cupcake.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now