Talk

Advanced search

How much milk for a 2.5 year old??

(6 Posts)
gerbo Sun 11-Oct-09 21:05:13

My daughter has started leaving quite a lot of her three milk cups a day - each around 200ml. I wondered if she was telling me she didn't need that much now?

It's full fat milk (we like that best too!) and she also enjoys yoghurts, milk on her cereal, cheese, etc. Worried she may be eating less of her meals than she should/could if she was a little hungrier for them.

So - how much per feed??????

Thanks in advance.

QueensShilling Sun 11-Oct-09 21:08:08

Sounds quite a lot to me. At that age (if I can remember) I think DS only had a small cup of milk with breakfast and one at bedtime. He ate lots of other dairy produce anyway

lynniep Sun 11-Oct-09 21:12:48

My DS varies from day to day (hes 2.7) but usually has a bottle (of formula) on waking (175ml) and one cup before bathtime (about same amount). He might then have a fromage frais during the day, maybe some cheese in meals, and milk on cereal/porridge.

He doesnt get milk during the day unless he's poorly and can't keep food down. If he asks for it in the daytime he can have it, but he rarely does.

That amount seems about right (how scientific is that diagnosis!)
He has semi skimmed now because we do.

QueensShilling Sun 11-Oct-09 21:14:26

yes DS had semi-skimmed at that age, simply because I wasn't going to carry on buying two types of milk.

Seona1973 Sun 11-Oct-09 22:11:31

ds sometimes has a small cup of milk in the morning and rarely has one at night. He has no other milk during the day but does have milk in cereal, yoghurt, cheese, etc instead. He also has semi-skimmed milk when he does drink it.

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Sun 11-Oct-09 22:15:24

DS is 3 but his milk inteke has been the same for about a year.
he has milk on his cereals about half a pint in total, then a cup of milk during the day and another cup at bed time, so just over a pint in total 1.5 pints maximum. he loves cheese and yoghurt, but generally doesn't eat well so I dont have any thoughts about limiting it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now