Talk

Advanced search

Help! Caketopper stuck to backing, DS birthday tomorrow

(9 Posts)
gio71 Sat 10-Oct-09 19:35:08

Anyone any experience of how to get a caketopper off the backing? Just seems to be stuck and when have tried to take it off is breaking. Got birthday party tomorrow and promised a Thomas cake-help!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOpsacoconut Sat 10-Oct-09 19:37:53

gently wet the backing paper and this will disolve a little icing underneath and it should come off easily.

Had bthe same problem last night with a cake topper for DS2's birthday. Unfortunatly we ended up with only about half of it being any use. Putting it in the freezer for a while did help a bit.

Got a full refund from the Ebay seller because i was so disappointed with it.

LucyTownsend Sat 10-Oct-09 20:56:42

I second the freezer, although i left mine in for a lot longer than you are supposed to and it came off really easily.

gio71 Sat 10-Oct-09 21:05:27

ok will try that,how long did you leave it in for?
thanks all!

How did you get on?
Hope DS is having a good birthday.

gio71 Sun 11-Oct-09 19:50:11

I gave up in the end! Ended up just cutting around the picture and putting it on the cake for pictures and candles and then taking it off when cut it. It was so thin and flaky I just couldn't see it ever working. Ah well the effect was the same for ds and he had a lovely birthday. Thanks for all the suggestions anyway

That's a shame. Glad you managed to use it in some way.

I had one in April for DS1 which was perfect and much better quality that the one i had. It was far to thin.

DangerousDorothy Tue 13-Oct-09 21:31:29

I had the same problem once so if anyone else ever encounters this I found the solution was to pull the backing paper off the topper rather than the other way round.
HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now