Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

run out if inspiration - give me your pudding ideas please?

(10 Posts)
bubble2bubble Fri 09-Oct-09 13:06:17

OK, Sunday lunch for some relatives of DH. They are 60+ and I've only met them once so playing it very safe: carrot& cardomon soup, fish pie ( roast red peppers, green beans, broccoli etc ) but I have completely run out of ideas for pudding......do I just give up & give them the Tesco lemon tart from the freezer or can you think of something else? preferably cold so I can d o it tomorrow and forget about it
oh yes, Auntie E used to be a lecturer at a catering college...which probably adds slightly to my terrible state of indecision at the moment...

Cies Fri 09-Oct-09 13:11:56

Apple tart / tarte tatin.

Poached pears in red wine or marsala.

Chocolate brownies and ice cream.

murphyslaw Fri 09-Oct-09 13:13:50

Go traditional - Eton Mess, Trifle or sponge pudding and custard grin

TsarChasm Fri 09-Oct-09 13:16:59

Sounds like you're in need of Delia's cheats chocolate trifle. It's soo easy, everyone loves it and it looks like you spent ages on it (but didn'twink)

JetLi Fri 09-Oct-09 13:41:02

This Nigella chocolate and pear pudding is nice and quick and fairly economical with the tinned pears.
Trifle always hits the spot with the older generation IME.

thereistheball Fri 09-Oct-09 16:53:04

Even easier than the Delia cheat trifle is a sweet pastry tart base from M+S which you fill with chocolate creme patissiere, also from M+S (comes in a pouch), and cover with raspberries. Dust with icing sugar and serve.

bubble2bubble Mon 12-Oct-09 08:53:05

Did the Nigella choclate & pear pudding - brilliant!! Left all the indredients sitting in the blender, then when I came to take out the main course I blended everything & chucked i t in the oven - perfect! Went down really, really well and not too heavy at all
Thank you!

lizard1 Mon 12-Oct-09 17:26:10

home made rice pudding!

lizard1 Mon 12-Oct-09 17:26:55

home made rice pudding!

lizard1 Mon 12-Oct-09 17:28:08

oh ,, im a bit slow!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now