Talk

Advanced search

Christmas cake - dont think its cooked enough in core!

(2 Posts)
bacon Thu 08-Oct-09 10:56:43

Second year I'm doing a Jane Hornby moist christmas cake (BBC Good Food 2008) which is absolutely delicious and moist not the dreaded dark heavy cake!

However I dont think its set enough in the core, around the edges inwards about 3cm seems good but I am concerned the centre is just stogy and will just collaspe when cut. I cut the top off to see and I'm not happy.

I'm looking for help on this one - was I over zelous taking it out after 3hrs but I did leave it cool in the oven.

What Can I do with it - wasnt cheap to make - I could cut out the cooked bits and cut into mini squares for "bites" but what do I do with rest of it.

Peed off, trying to be organised and its not up to scratch. I can do it again but any help for bakers appreciated.

chachachachacha Thu 08-Oct-09 21:20:17

Is that the hot toddy cake?

Are you sure it is uncooked? I've made this a few times now and have never been 100% sure its been cooked through and has always been fine.

No real suggestions for any undercooked bits - you could use it in a bread and butter pudding?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now