Talk

Advanced search

Christmas cake - dont think its cooked enough in core!

(2 Posts)
bacon Thu 08-Oct-09 10:56:43

Second year I'm doing a Jane Hornby moist christmas cake (BBC Good Food 2008) which is absolutely delicious and moist not the dreaded dark heavy cake!

However I dont think its set enough in the core, around the edges inwards about 3cm seems good but I am concerned the centre is just stogy and will just collaspe when cut. I cut the top off to see and I'm not happy.

I'm looking for help on this one - was I over zelous taking it out after 3hrs but I did leave it cool in the oven.

What Can I do with it - wasnt cheap to make - I could cut out the cooked bits and cut into mini squares for "bites" but what do I do with rest of it.

Peed off, trying to be organised and its not up to scratch. I can do it again but any help for bakers appreciated.

chachachachacha Thu 08-Oct-09 21:20:17

Is that the hot toddy cake?

Are you sure it is uncooked? I've made this a few times now and have never been 100% sure its been cooked through and has always been fine.

No real suggestions for any undercooked bits - you could use it in a bread and butter pudding?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: