Talk

Advanced search

Lamb for little ones

(9 Posts)
Bookswapper Wed 07-Oct-09 22:29:25

I used to buy the lamb casserole sauce from Heinz Cook at Home range for my 18 month old. Its one of the few few things he will eat.

Now its discontinued...and I haven't saved a packet to check the ingredient list.

Please please could someone list a baby/toddler friendly lamb casserole recipe (using lamb mince) that their little one absolutely loves. (I used to serve mine with pasta.)

bacon Thu 08-Oct-09 12:01:48

Mousakka is great, very tasty, cheese sauce on top its great. I use the Rick Stein receipe omitting salt but the rest is good for baby.

What about mini sheppards pies? Full of celery, carrots you could add baked beans.

Lamb works with apricots - try googling.

Lamb mince is great stuff. Mine is from our own lambs so very tasty. Good for budget meals too.

GhoulsAreLoud Thu 08-Oct-09 12:03:47

There was one in my Annabel Karmel book which DD absolutely loved. Lamb and sweet potato I think it was. I can copy it here for you if you think your little one will like a sweet potato one.

overmydeadbody Thu 08-Oct-09 16:24:50

Fry up the lamb mince with a pinch of cinnamon, then mix it with chunks of cooked sweet potato and carrot.

Bookswapper Sat 10-Oct-09 23:54:08

Thanks for replies. Weirdly I bought a sweet potato yesterday...I will try that. Is there anything else...lamb. sweet potato...carrot...not sure he would go for cinnamon (but will eat EVERY flavour of crisp known to humans!)

overmydeadbody Sun 11-Oct-09 07:41:15

Bookswapper literally put a tiny pinch of cinnamon in, it will just enhance the lamb and sweet potato flovour without being obvious. When I ran a babyfood company (beofr ethe recession) it was our top selling product. I never had a customer say their baby didn't like it.

reban Tue 13-Oct-09 21:57:43

if you really want to find out what was in the heinz sauce try your local poundland as i know i have seen them in mine!

clarea1 Tue 13-Oct-09 22:10:24

hiya, home bargains have been selling the Heinz sauces for 5p a sachet. I got loads but they only had pork and apple left. I still use it for all sorts though, ds doesn't seem to mind!

Bookswapper Tue 13-Oct-09 22:32:20

dont have a poundland here but thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now