Talk

Advanced search

Oh Rubbish. My pizza dough hasnt risen. Shall I bin it?

(7 Posts)
geraldinetheluckygoat Wed 07-Oct-09 16:23:58

In a moment of trying to be the kind of mum I thought I would be before I had kids, I made pizza dough and left it to rise, hoping to use this evening, after the school run. Unfortunately being the kind of Mum I actually am, I used the remainder of an open packet of yeast because that was all that was in the house, and now my pizza dough looks, well, pathetic.
It has risen a little but looks very thick and bumpy and stodgy, and not all puffy like it should.

Shall I pretend it never happened and dish up pasta (againhmm) or is it salvageable?

sad

overmydeadbody Thu 08-Oct-09 21:12:44

I'd just roll it out really really thin and use it anyway.

Unleavened bread.

Or roll it out really thin, pop it in a dry frying pan that is really hot, and make pita bread.

fishie Thu 08-Oct-09 21:14:37

too late now i think. another time geraldine, go ahead and cook it. or else bung it in the fridge and leave for 24 hours by which time it will def have biggened.

SomeGuy Thu 08-Oct-09 23:42:52

I always use open packets of yeast in the breadmaker, sometimes they've been open for AGES. Never have a problem.

colditz Thu 08-Oct-09 23:43:21

No, it's Orfentic, innit?

maria1665 Thu 08-Oct-09 23:44:55

Use the dough anyway - it will be fine. This happened to me once, when the sugar hadn't dissolved, so there was nothing for the yeast to feed on. Pizzas still tasted very nice.

geraldinetheluckygoat Fri 09-Oct-09 12:22:13

ahhh sorry I didnt notice youd all replied, grin
I did use it anyway, it was a bit heavier than usual, but it was fine! Though DH did say, "It's not the best is it?" hmm beans on toast for him for the forseable future...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now