Talk

Advanced search

best/easiest bread recipe?

(9 Posts)
CheeeseOnToast Wed 07-Oct-09 12:45:21

I made some bread a few months ago from a recipe a lovely MNer posted in this section. Now I can't find the recipe and I'm desperate to make it again, it came out so well. The recipe was for normal bread flour but i used wholemeal and the result was gorgeous.

Has anyone got the definitive bread recipe?

I dont have a bread maker so will be kneeding and using oven!

Hope someone can help...

smile

overmydeadbody Wed 07-Oct-09 17:23:37

seriously?

overmydeadbody Wed 07-Oct-09 17:24:48

Bread is just flour, water, yeast and possibly a bit of salt and sugar.

If you look in the MN recipe section, you will find a bread recipe under the 'basics' section I think.

overmydeadbody Wed 07-Oct-09 17:27:14

here

MmeGoblindt Wed 07-Oct-09 17:28:24

I bung 3 cups of flour, a packet of instant yeast, 2tsp salt, 1tsp sugar and about a cup of lukewarm water into my food processor. Mix well. (Obviously you can do this by hand)

Leave to rise for 20 - 30 mins (small rolls) or 45 - 60 mins (loaf).

It depends on what flour I use to how it tastes but it is always yummy.

CheeeseOnToast Thu 08-Oct-09 09:21:15

thank OMDB - i didn't see that yesterday. It was the extra step about knocking back and leaving to rise again that i couldnt remember that i think made the difference last time.

I made it following the instructions on the back of the yeast packet but wasn't as good as your recipe, i'll print it off now smile

thanks Mme too!

overmydeadbody Thu 08-Oct-09 09:55:09

No worries cheese.smile

gosh I was in a bad mood yesterday, I do apologise!

CheeeseOnToast Thu 08-Oct-09 09:57:36

smile

coveredinsnot Thu 08-Oct-09 10:02:01

This is apparently the BEST bread recipe ever, as it requires very little effort, and tastes amazing (have yet to try it, but my brother swears by it and he's incredibly fussy!) bread

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now