Talk

Advanced search

Your best pizza recipe, for a thin and crispy pizza...

(7 Posts)
viennesewhirl Tue 06-Oct-09 20:01:04

...please?

Mine are turning out ok but still a bit doughy, however thin I roll out the dough.

claricebeansmum Wed 07-Oct-09 11:21:21

I have quite a good one for making in the Magimix.

overmydeadbody Wed 07-Oct-09 12:01:20

are you adding olive oil to your dough?

You need to add a fair bit, then when you roll out and bake they will be crispy.

Also, make sure your oven is really hot, and if you haven't got a pizza pan with holes in it, put a wire rack (the grill rack works for me) on the shelf, oil it, and then put your pizza direct on that rather than a normal tray so it goes crispy underneeth.

viennesewhirl Thu 08-Oct-09 15:11:47

Thanks both of you - sorry, got distracted by kids etc. and forgot to come back and check for answers!

omdb - I'm adding a tablespoon of olive oil for 2 x 25cm pizzas - not enough? Oven at 240.

cbm - could you post your recipe please?

Thanks again!

AitchTwoToTangOh Thu 08-Oct-09 15:13:31

are you using 00 flour and not v much yeast?

overmydeadbody Thu 08-Oct-09 16:22:31

Use lots of yeast, and when you roll it out, instead of using flour to stop it sticking, use olive oil.

claricebeansmum Thu 08-Oct-09 16:25:48

Enough for 4 plate sized pizza bases:

250g plain flour
10g dried yeast
2tbsp olive oil

Put all in magimix with dough hook.

Whilst whizzing around gradually add 125ml of warm water until consistency is neither crumbly or sticky.

Transfer to a bowl. Put teatowel over. Pop in air cupboard for at least 1 hour - longer is fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now