Talk

Advanced search

1yo DD is obsessed with peas, pls help

(16 Posts)
titferbrains Tue 06-Oct-09 17:56:25

Do you know any good recipes to make something with a pea puree that will make it a good finger food? She spends ages picking up peas and chewing them a bit then spitting them out. Then I retrieve the bits from her bib and she starts again.

Any ideas for something I can fry? She needs fattening up. She's going right off being spoon fed so purees on their own are a bit of a waste of energy.

navyeyelasH Tue 06-Oct-09 18:20:54

I'm confused are you only feeding her peas?

titferbrains Tue 06-Oct-09 18:24:56

I feed her other things but I often give her peas as she likes them so much. But she ends up going ONLY for peas. So, I want to give her something a bit more substantial than just peas on their own but with pea flavour so she'll hopefully go for it... am I burbling? I think so, sorry blush

randomeuro Tue 06-Oct-09 18:27:51

What about a frittata with (many) peas. Or fishcakes with lots of peas?

dittany Tue 06-Oct-09 18:35:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Arsed Tue 06-Oct-09 18:42:34

macaroni cheese and peas always goes down well here

my dd was just the same. when she was abour 18mo i used to give ger a bowl of peas with grated cheese on for lunch a couple of times a week grin

snickersnack Tue 06-Oct-09 18:43:22

Cheesy peas are great. Or as a pasta sauce? Would she eat baked beans?

seeker Tue 06-Oct-09 18:45:08

You can make fritters with peas. Like corn fritters. Delicious - wh have them with sausages. I might go and make some now!

overmydeadbody Tue 06-Oct-09 18:45:46

make an omelette with lots of cream and loads of peas, then cut it unto little squares.

overmydeadbody Tue 06-Oct-09 18:46:31

yep or fritters or potato cakes.

Cluckyagain Tue 06-Oct-09 18:48:35

LOL - I remember my ds and friends dd at 1 yr BOTH having a thing about peas. Neither wanted to eat anything else and I would be amazed at how they could still survive on about 3 peas a day - they did though and both are enormous now (9)

Sazisi Tue 06-Oct-09 18:51:25

Fish pie with peas is a favourite in my house

overmydeadbody Tue 06-Oct-09 18:57:00

kedgree

navyeyelasH Tue 06-Oct-09 19:21:46

phew right I get it!

How about a meatball pilaf, bacon pea macaroni, tart/frittata. Everything is finger food in my life!

titferbrains Tue 06-Oct-09 20:05:55

ok will try really mashing the peas to make an omelette tmw. She tends to just pick the peas out of whatever I serve eg. tonight's cheesey pasta with peas. Thanks for listening to my burble. Nightmare trying to fatten a child that isn't interested in carbs!!!

hophophippidtyhop Tue 06-Oct-09 20:23:56

soya beans frozen from tescos -look like and taste similar to peas, lots of good stuff in soya(calcium?)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now