Talk

Advanced search

What do you feed your ravenous sprogs when home from school?

(8 Posts)
DrNortherner Tue 06-Oct-09 17:11:30

My ds who is 7 could eat a scabby horse (his words not mine) when he comes home from school, dinner is not till 6pm usually so I need to give him a snack.

Fruit and stuff does not cut it, he craves STODGE. So sometimes he gets crumpets, tea cakes, croissant or biscuits.

What do yours have?

StirlingNeedsAHoliday Tue 06-Oct-09 18:22:52

I dont always do this but if we are having a late dinner, I get english muffins, toast them, put cheese and ham on one side, grill it lightly, and put the other half on top. DC love that.

Scones with jam

Fresh crusty bread and honey/banana

homemade cake

or just biscuits if in a rush

smile

southeastastra Tue 06-Oct-09 18:23:32

bread and cheese but he loves cheese, ds(16) eats about 20 sausage rolls

FrayedKnot Tue 06-Oct-09 18:25:33

Malt Loaf is popular here. Muffins. Toast if desperate grin

janeite Tue 06-Oct-09 18:56:47

Mmmmmm malt loaf.

I'm never here because I'm at work but today dp gave them fruit, toghurt and bread and butter.

Sometimes he buys them cup-a-soup for this purpose (I don't buy them because I think they are rancid packets of budgie-cage sediment but hey ho!).

Toast.

Tea cakes.

Cereal.

Babybels.

pointyhat Tue 06-Oct-09 19:09:42

A bit of baking if we have any.

Or a biscuit, or bread with something.

Usual sort of stuff.

dairymoo Tue 06-Oct-09 19:26:04

Don't have DCs of this age but I love a good peanut butter & banana sarnie when ravenous.

meltedmarsbars Tue 06-Oct-09 21:30:06

When they were younger I had to take 2 apples to the school gate as they'd be so hungry they would lash out at each other on the way home.
Its harder to biff your bro/sis with an apple in your hand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now