Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Next time you roast a chicken you must try this..........

(9 Posts)
StirlingNeedsAHoliday Sun 04-Oct-09 22:14:26

Wanted to try something different with the roast today so I tried this Roast chicken with butternut squash and chorizo and it was gorgeous.

The flavours were lovely and, more importantly, the dc ate loads, even the butternut squash.

Shall be doing that one again.

What did you all have for sunday lunch/dinner??

murphyslaw Sun 04-Oct-09 22:18:43

Sounds delicious smile

I managed to get Sunday lunch out today which saved me slaving over a hot stovewink

Roast Beef and all the trimmings - wasnt as good as mine though hmm

StirlingNeedsAHoliday Sun 04-Oct-09 22:31:32

That's the problem now I feel I can cook decent meals - when I do go out for food I end up thinking "I could have done this better!"

At least you had a rest and didn't have any washing up afterwards smile

Poledra Sun 04-Oct-09 22:34:18

I did this which was lovely but, as DH and one of the DDs were poorly, not as much got eaten as usual (it's mainly DH, really grin) so what do I do with a load of left-over roasted veg and some roast potatoes please?

BonjourIvresse Sun 04-Oct-09 22:43:07

so you could blend it in to a soup?

LoveBeingAMummy Sun 04-Oct-09 22:45:07

sounds fab, did you put the chilli in?

StirlingNeedsAHoliday Sun 04-Oct-09 22:49:29

I put a little bit of crushed dried chilli in which was ok for dc. If I was doing it just for adults I would have put lots more in!

bumpybecky Sun 04-Oct-09 22:53:42

I normally do extra roast veggies and cut them up small to use in risotto on monday

I wish I'd had a roast this weekend. My oven has been broken for a month though. It got fixed on Saturday (third visit!), but I refused to buy any meat in as I thought it would jinx it!

LoveBeingAMummy Sun 04-Oct-09 23:11:34

Think i'm gonna try this, have got some butternusquash and nomrally don't buy it unless i ahve something in mind, must be fate.

have to admit the one thing i don't like about dd being able to eat our food now is that I don't fel able to add chilli as i would like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now