Talk

Advanced search

Turkey Breast Steaks - how to stop them drying out?

(6 Posts)
MrsHarrisonFord Sat 03-Oct-09 11:48:28

have got breast steaks for dinner ( on promotion so bought thme but not cooked thme before tonight an am going to do a xmas dinner with al the trrimming but worried on the steaks dryuing out any one cokked owth these?

any thing i need to know?

Treeesa Sat 03-Oct-09 11:57:30

Depends how thick they are.. Are you talking about a crown..? If it's just small steaks then try standing them on a bed of moist stuffing and wrapping the whole lot in tin foil..

For Christmas if I'm doing a whole bird then I turn it once or twice while it's roasting so juices don't just drain one way and it keeps the breasts beautifully moist.. It works to a lesser extent for a large crown too..

MrsHarrisonFord Sat 03-Oct-09 12:00:40

they are about 1.5cm thick breast fillets not a crown

dont seem such a bargain now ;-(

OurLadyOfPerpetualSupper Sat 03-Oct-09 12:06:25

I've only ever used turkey steaks in a stir-fry - but I suppose you could fill them with stuffing, roll up and wrap in foil - in fact, that's sounding rather appealing now! Maybe brown them just for than last few minutes.

Or spread the stuffing over the top and open roast for about 20 - 25 mins, so the stuffing gets a nice crunch.

MrsHarrisonFord Sat 03-Oct-09 12:13:14

okay i think i am going to cut a pocke tin them put in some butter and a sage leaf then put a layer of stuffing on it them wrap in steaky bacon - that should keep it from drying out? and cook for about 30mins?

what do you think but ds doenst like gray and neither does dad but thats all i can think of am googling an coming up with advice not to roast a breast fillet

Treeesa Sat 03-Oct-09 13:05:34

sounds yummy - time for lunch..!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now