Talk

Advanced search

So my new Panasonic SD255 breadmaker should arrive next week, any recipes recommendations?

(9 Posts)
MimieD Fri 02-Oct-09 20:44:23

So excited, I've always wanted one but wasn't sure if I could justify the cost as, when working full time, I wasn't sure if I would use it. I resigned (after mat. leave) and had points to use on a gift website....so I took the step and ordered one today... It's the one with the nut/raisin dispenser. I want to get some ingredients in already so I can get baking as soon as it arrives grin. Any recommendations?? And what type of yeast do you use?

Liskey Fri 02-Oct-09 21:28:36

Its a wonderful machine.

You use dried yeast.

One lovely recipe is the cinnamon and dried fruit loaf - its lovely. From memory the ingredients are white bread flour, yeast, sugar, salt, dried milk powder, water, butter and then in the dispenser cinnamon and dried fruit - really nice.

Also when making a non-sweet loaf we tend to put in olive oil rather than butter - 3 tablespoons in a large loaf.

Liskey Fri 02-Oct-09 21:30:36

Forgot to say it also makes a wonderful pizza dough - we halve the recipe for 2 of us and make a thin base with passata or tomato sauce on top.

MimieD Fri 02-Oct-09 21:38:50

Ah yes, home-made pizza once more...used to do this loads but never enjoyed the dough-making process

mumzy Sat 03-Oct-09 19:44:26

All the recipes are great esp recommend the pizza bases (if left to rise for 2hours the results are even better), the 3hour wholemeal loaf which we have almost daily. Ciabatta is also very good. we use the dried yeast from any supermarket and it works fine Will try the pannettone and stollen nearer xmas

mumzy Sat 03-Oct-09 19:46:28

just to say we've had ours since April and we use it about 4-5 times a week. The cost of a loaf is about 1/2 that from a good bakers so we reckon we've broke even with ours by now

MimieD Sat 03-Oct-09 21:30:18

Thanks! Can't wait, as excited as DD1 is for Christmas...grin

FaintlyMacabre Sat 03-Oct-09 21:33:56

The malt loaf is very nice- tastes very similar to Soreen but doesn't stick to your teeth (of course, that could be a good or bad thing depending on preference!).

I've only made the French bread once as it takes ages but I was very impressed with it. I used the dough only setting and baked it in the oven.

greensnail Sat 03-Oct-09 21:37:14

The apricot and walnut loaf is really yummy too

Must try the malt loaf, sounds good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now