Talk

Advanced search

Halloween themed come dine with me

(8 Posts)
phoebebouffet Thu 01-Oct-09 22:47:03

Im so excited about this, and equally excited about decorating my house with all the paraphenalia! So far I have got 'creepy crawly I scream' which is a recipe out of the tesco magazine for blueberry ice cream, but i'm stuck for a main course, i could make pumpkin soup for starter but I think i want something a bit more fancy and challenging! Other dessert ideas gratefully received because I haven't tried it out yet and it may be a disaster!

MichKit Fri 02-Oct-09 11:50:49

How about small portions of pumpkin/ squash risotto as starter? Or with a piece of pan fried crisp skinned trout on top for main?

I've got a recipe somewhere, will dig it out.

Or pumpkin soup served in scooped out pumpkin bowls?

phoebebouffet Fri 02-Oct-09 20:15:32

Ooooh that sounds lovely thank you!

MichKit Sat 03-Oct-09 21:28:50

When are you on, would love to see it :-)

Fruitbatlings Sat 03-Oct-09 21:31:54

I know someone who has just done a Come Dine With Me smile It was filmed at his father's windmill in Brighton! Won't be aired until Dec/Jan though.....

I have no advise as I'm a very lazy cook but good luck!

phoebebouffet Mon 05-Oct-09 21:30:38

I'm not actaully going on the show we are just doing it in our group of friends, so far we have had a french night, and a Thai night, the standard is very high! So very scared!

oldbadger Mon 05-Oct-09 22:19:04

what was the menu for the french night, as I am hosting a french dinner party wanted to do beef bourginon for main but am stuck for starter and pudding ideas.

phoebebouffet Tue 06-Oct-09 00:30:54

STarter was baked camenbert and moules marinere, we had lamb medallions for main and the pudding was a baked chocolate brioche thing! Delightful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now