Talk

Advanced search

Glass in Aldi fruit loaf - WWYD?

(13 Posts)
Sherbert37 Thu 01-Oct-09 17:34:09

Bit on an inch piece of jaggy glass in my fruit loaf. Only the second time I have been to Aldi and it has really put me off.

Anyone else had problems and what is the best thing to do? I would take it back but the nearest store is miles away. No phone number on receipt and head office is 'exceptionally busy' at the moment.

Is it worth pursuing?

MmeLindt Thu 01-Oct-09 17:35:29

Absolutely.

I can see if I can find the email address in the HQ in Germany for you.

Please do pursue. They need to do a product recall in case someone is injured by glass in their cake.

seeyounexttuesday Thu 01-Oct-09 17:38:49

go to trading standards. you will get far better response and better compo. The shop will give you a voucher and hope you say no more about it.

Trikken Thu 01-Oct-09 17:38:54

thats awful. did you hurt yorself?

Sherbert37 Thu 01-Oct-09 17:41:33

Trikken - no but had that awful crunching sound when you think you have broken a tooth. Thought it was a piece of dried fruit until I had a look. I am more amazed at how hard it is to contact them when retailers are falling over themselves to encourage customer feedback.

MmeLindt Thu 01-Oct-09 17:41:48

mail@aldisued.de

Send them an email. Tell them that you are informing Trading Standards.

TrillianAstra Thu 01-Oct-09 17:41:50

Depends - how much are you willing ot go trhgouh to get some money? You could def sell your story to Closer or Real Pople but you'd have to be willing to look sad in photos and big up howyou were about to feed it to your kids when....

Plus the obvious and more socially responsible things like making sure no-one else is hurt.

Sherbert37 Thu 01-Oct-09 17:44:53

I'm not bothered about money but wouldn't want anyone to be hurt. Certainly not selling my 'story' to the press!! Will email them and see what happens. Thanks everyone. I only went in for a fleece throw (which is very nice).

Trikken Thu 01-Oct-09 17:54:17

oh god, thats quite nasty! luckily you didnt get hurt tho, cos it could have gone in the roof of your mouth or anything. do complain, dont want it happening to anyone else.

TrillianAstra Thu 01-Oct-09 18:00:18

Wow, I thought you found it as you were cutting into it. Didn't mean to trivialise it.

MmeLindt Thu 01-Oct-09 18:11:11

Yikes. That could have been nasty. Just as well you realised.

Please do pursue it. They definitely need to recall the product from their stores.

Sherbert37 Fri 02-Oct-09 18:28:55

Well I decided to phone then waited over 10 minutes to get through. They put me on to my local store who apologised and said I had to return the item for a refund (all of 89p). Did not ask exactly what it was or when I had bought it, so they obviously don't want to do a recall. Don't think I will be going back again.

nannyL Sat 03-Oct-09 10:52:51

definitely pursue it

i had 3 stones in my hot cross buns from tesco (more like small pebbles) made a huge fuss and got about £50 tesco vouchers, + money back for my petrol and time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now