Talk

Advanced search

Muffins: alternative to blueberry?

(10 Posts)
MrsVik Wed 30-Sep-09 14:21:40

Hi - quick qu. I have a buffet style party tomorrow for about 30 people and I decided to do some cupcakes and brownies for 'dessert', including blueberry muffins.

Here's the thing - I can't find blueberries for love nor money here in Germany. Anyone know of any decent alternatives? I am already making choc chip muffins, so would like something fruity.

Millions of thanks in advance for your help!!

MrsVik Wed 30-Sep-09 14:23:28

Would red currants or cranberries work in similar quantities?

choppychopster Wed 30-Sep-09 14:25:28

Raspberry and white chocolate are always a favourite with me. I tend to use cheapo frozen rasperries and just give the bag abash to break them up a bit before adding to he muffin mix.

Apple and cinnamon also good if you want something non-chocolatey - not that I can image why anyone would ever want such a thing! grin

TheBalladofGayTony Wed 30-Sep-09 14:25:51

raspberry muffins!!!!!!

choppychopster Wed 30-Sep-09 14:26:07

Cranberry and orange zest works well too.

MrsVik Wed 30-Sep-09 14:28:09

Oooh, thanks. Raspberries sound interesting as I know I can get them here. Do you pop them into the mixture whole?

Sorry, my culinary skills normally stretch to opening a bottle of wine :P

choppychopster Wed 30-Sep-09 14:36:25

If you go for fresh raspberries I'd cut them into halves or quarters depending on the size. I usually just grab a bag of frozen raspberries out of the freezer, bash it against the worktop a couple of times so that you don't end up with any big raspberry lumps, then give them a very rough stir into the muffin mixture.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Wed 30-Sep-09 14:37:27

Raspberry and white chocolate muffins are divine.

I would stick the raspberries in whole, chop up a bar of good quality white chocolate and put that in too.

StrictlyAvadaKedavra Wed 30-Sep-09 14:38:23

Cranberry with Terry's dark chocolate orange chunks - mmmmm it's divine

timmette Wed 30-Sep-09 16:21:52

Raspberry and White choc
Apple and cinnamon
carrot and pineapple
Banana and dark choc chips

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now