Talk

Advanced search

Huevos rancheros?

(9 Posts)
ElectricElephant Wed 30-Sep-09 09:47:28

So far I've fried the onions, pepper and chilli, added some chilli powder and it's simmering to reduce.

Do I add the eggs to the same pan that the sauce is in, or cook them separately?

ElectricElephant Wed 30-Sep-09 09:48:11

Oh, tomatoes too obviously

StrictlyAvadaKedavra Wed 30-Sep-09 09:49:07

I do my eggs seperately, no idea if that's authentic though but it tasted just fine

ElectricElephant Wed 30-Sep-09 09:52:48

How spicy do you make yours? Am massively hungover and think it'll be a god cure! blush

StrictlyAvadaKedavra Wed 30-Sep-09 10:00:59

Spicy spicy if it's just me, but I make it a lot for the mindees. Haven't had it as a hangover cure though, would think it'd be good for that

ElectricElephant Wed 30-Sep-09 10:32:02

Just attempted it - was bloody gorgeous. Put a little paprika in it too and scoffed the lot.

and yes, i can confirm that it's an excellent hangover cure!!

Pluginbaby Wed 30-Sep-09 10:34:27

I always crack the eggs into it and they soak up all the flavours, yummy with chorizo sausage too!

mrsruffallo Wed 30-Sep-09 10:35:27

No beans with it?
Refried kidney beans with a little feta on top would make more authentic and declicious!
And you could fry a tortilla and put the poached eggs on top

weegiemum Wed 30-Sep-09 10:42:30

I'd crack eggs into it and let them soak up some juice.

Serve with warm tortillas and refried beans (best if you can get black beans - tesco do them! - boil the day before then refry just before serving!! Yummy!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now