Talk

Advanced search

Lamb shoulder - slow cooked for eating cold?

(6 Posts)
BlingLoving Tue 29-Sep-09 11:10:37

I have a nice lamb shoulder in the freezer and some friends coming round for a light lunch on the weekend. I normally do lamb shoulder in a casserole but was thinking of slow roasting it the night before with garlic, rosemary, lemon and anchovies (sounds disgusting but it's from a brilliant roast lamb recipe I do)and serving cold.

Do you think this will work or will the shoulder be fatty and icky cold.

wingandprayer Tue 29-Sep-09 11:14:24

Shoulder in particular quite fatty, and although slow cooking should render most of that you won't know until it's ok cold until it's too late IYKWIM

BlingLoving Tue 29-Sep-09 11:26:14

That's what I was worrying about. Mmmm... maybe I'll do it, and if it turns out too fatty then I'll zip to the shops and get something else?

overmydeadbody Tue 29-Sep-09 11:29:07

Lamb is much nicer served hot rather than cold, so if you have lamb and want to do that I'd stick to serving it hot tbh.

overmydeadbody Tue 29-Sep-09 11:30:43

Why not do hot roast lamb with new potatoes and a nice big salad and crusty bread?

BlingLoving Tue 29-Sep-09 11:33:08

I could do that - you're right. And if it's slow cooked I could put it on early and just leave it. I'll probably do that. I did that with pork belly last week and it was excellent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now