Talk

Advanced search

best slow cooker to buy please?

(8 Posts)
ilovegarlic Thu 24-Sep-09 14:19:23

I'd love one but not surewhic one to buy

shopalot Thu 24-Sep-09 15:01:53

My Mum has this one which is really excellent and I would love it but quite expensive. I have this one but I never paid that much for it. Although it does the job you have to be really careful not to scratch the non-stick coating. Both of these are cheap to run. thses type are fine but don't last very long. I like the fact the lid is glass so you can see what is cooking but they are much more expensive to run and mine broke quickly. (I use my slow cooker about three times a week minimum) Hope that helps!!

shopalot Thu 24-Sep-09 15:02:34

these type blush

shopalot Fri 25-Sep-09 13:24:41

I am so glad I linked these for you....hmm

anothercoldcupoftea Wed 07-Oct-09 12:58:34

shopalot - I'm just looking for one - very helpful, thanks wink

mowbraygirl Wed 07-Oct-09 20:39:45

I have a Prima very similar to the Cookworks I got it in our local store in their sale paid about £14. 99 about 2 years ago very pleased with it and use it at least twice a week.

coveredinsnot Thu 08-Oct-09 08:48:03

We got a Breville one for £20 from Argos recently, it seems to be fine, and is a good size 4.5 litres

caykon Fri 09-Oct-09 13:01:24

I have a great one where the dish is split in 2 so you can do a dinner and a pudding, trying to find one for dd as she has just moved out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now