Talk

Advanced search

Two questions one about potatoes and one about pudding choices.

(8 Posts)
kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 23-Sep-09 13:48:36

We are having some friends over for lunch on Saturday and I'm going to do chicken with mushrooms,cider and cream sauce and frozen peas, what pots should I do with them? Roast are my fave but mashed would go nicely too.
Afterwards, should we have raspberry trifle, rasp crumble or chocolate bread and butter pudding. I so wish I was more decisive.

meltedmarsbars Wed 23-Sep-09 13:50:40

Mash to go with the loverly sauce, mmmm! (slurp emoticon)

I do two puddings, then I can have the choice/both grin

notnowbernard Wed 23-Sep-09 13:51:05

My personal preference would be roast spuds

Raspberry crumble for pud

Sounds lovely!

Snowtiger Wed 23-Sep-09 13:51:53

Roasties and crumble get my vote. Can't go wrong with roasties, they make every meal special wink.
Stick a bit of custard on your crumble and you'll have Greg Wallace going "cwoooarrrr, lovely, I could take my clothes off and dive right into that."
Not that I've got a ridiculous crush on him or anything...

castille Wed 23-Sep-09 13:58:27

I think I'd do roast potatoes or wedges with that.

Raspberry crumble for pudding, very nice.

Cluckadoodledoo Wed 23-Sep-09 14:00:21

Roasts and crumble too, crumble very autumnal even nicer if you add blackberries to the rasps

thehairybabysmum Wed 23-Sep-09 14:01:16

i think you would need apple in with your raspberry crumble though as i dont think they have the right texture on their own. Apple and rasp v. yummy.

I would go roasties too.

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 23-Sep-09 14:12:46

That was so quick, roastie toastys it is and rasberry crumble, actually probably mixed berries there are millions in the shops at the moment, and custard is a given.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now