Talk

Advanced search

What are your fav salads to accompany cold meat / smoked meat?

(6 Posts)
BiscuitStuffer Mon 21-Sep-09 21:07:39

I need ideas and as many as possible as DH makes a fab smoked chicken!

zanz1bar Tue 22-Sep-09 09:47:38

Home made coleslaw but use half greek youghurt and half mayo.

Delias rocket and roast/grilled red onion salad, yum.

thereistheball Tue 22-Sep-09 10:57:35

Wile rice salad: wild rice, leftover cold chicken (smoked would be delicious), avocado, watercress, dried cranberries. You could add feta if you wanted.

BiscuitStuffer Tue 22-Sep-09 14:08:48

Thank you both - they sound lovely! I can't do coleslaw at the mo as I don't have a gadget - well I could but shredding and grating would take me too long. I do adore it though!

Any more ideas?

Also - any ideas of hot things to have with smoked chicken?

overmydeadbody Tue 22-Sep-09 14:23:04

I like all salads except rice salad. Rice is just wrong cold.

A leafy lettuce salad with cucumber, avocado spring onions and cruoutons and a parmesan dressing (think ceaser salad) would work well with smoked chicken

Diced tomato, cucumber, red onion and parsley is always nice

Or, how about a big platter with salad ingredients all around and the chicken on the top, like a salad nicouse, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, blanched and cooled french beans, sliced cooled cooked potato, sweet pepper, olives?

AMumInScotland Tue 22-Sep-09 14:24:07

Potato salad or tangy pasta salad with tomato and herbs - in both cases for me, out of a nice handy tub from Tesco, but I'm sure you could find recipes for real ones grin

I'd probably do potato wedges with smoked chicken if I wanted something hot. Maybe with a soured cream dip.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now