Talk

Advanced search

Bacon in lasagne - OK for 9 month old?

(6 Posts)
Gobbledigook Sun 05-Jun-05 13:41:05

Just making up lasagne for later but decided to put some bacon in - is that going to be OK to give to my 9 month old? It's unsmoked.

GeorginaA Sun 05-Jun-05 13:42:41

Would have thought so. Bacon is a little salty but as long as there's no other added salt in the lasagne and you're sparing it should be fine. If you're really concerned, cook it then pick out most of the bacon bits that you can see out of the baby portion - any that escape through will be fine

Enjoy your lasagne, sounds yum!

Gobbledigook Sun 05-Jun-05 13:44:45

Oh good idea - should be easy to pick out. I don't add any salt to it, just herbs and garlic but I usually separate his portion before I add that (cos I think the 'garlic italian' herby thing has salt in it).

Thanks for that

Mud Sun 05-Jun-05 14:15:45

don't think it'll make a difference if its just the once within a varied diet and as GeorginaA says you can always pick it out of baby's bits although come to think of it might be a bit of a choking hazard if you don't

Carla Sun 05-Jun-05 14:20:09

Hands up for you, Gd, for managing to cook lasagne. 'spose you know it's OK without bacon? My dad would turn in his grave .....

GeorginaA Sun 05-Jun-05 14:32:54

Depends, Mud. Don't know how Gobbledigook does it, but even at 12 months, I do a quick whizz of lasagne in the blender for ds2 (makes the texture of the mince easier for him to chew - he's a boy of very little teeth ). Safe enough whatever gets chucked in there

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: