Talk

Advanced search

Advice on freezing/storing raw meat for weaning...

(5 Posts)
uselessatcooking Thu 17-Sep-09 13:41:56

Ok, so as my username indicates, I am useless at cooking. I have however made pork/apple/onion meatballs for my lo as I want to give the best food possible.

I am planning to store a portion for today and a portion for tomorrow in the fridge in (separate) sealed containers and freeze the rest. I was then going to defrost them in the fridge for 24 hours before cooking as instructed. They are not cooked and will be stored raw. Is this ok? I am not sure on best practice for freezing guidelines and dh is a little nervous of me giving the baby food poisoning.

Please help.

Seona1973 Thu 17-Sep-09 14:38:35

sound ok. Just make sure they are defrosted properly and then piping hot throughout once cooked.

ElectricElephant Thu 17-Sep-09 14:43:45

As long as the meat wasn't frozen in the first place, then it's fine.

If the meat was frozen, you could then cook it then freeze it once it's cooled, then re-heat once it's thawed out. and yes, piping hot throughout for home-cooked food.

HTH

ElectricElephant Thu 17-Sep-09 14:45:59

oh, and defrosting overnight in the fridge should be fine, especially with little portions.

uselessatcooking Thu 17-Sep-09 14:49:01

Brilliant, thank you both so much for taking the trouble to reply. Cheers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now