Talk

Advanced search

food processor...what do i do with it??........

(9 Posts)
shyla01 Wed 16-Sep-09 19:11:27

please help.

i have finally persuaded dp to get me the food processor i *had to have* after lots of promises to make him lots of lovely meals.

now i have no idea wat to do with it.

have had no probs getting loads of cake recipes but dp isnt much of a cake lover. (bizarre i know!)

fancy surprising him with a romantic meal this weekend so any suggestions greatfully received

HeadFairy Wed 16-Sep-09 19:13:41

You can make pesto very easily in it...

gazpacho if he likes cold soups...

In fact, soups of any kind.

Good for chopping and grating - coleslaw? I use mine to make pommes dauphinoise.

Mayonnaise

Doyouthinktheysaurus Wed 16-Sep-09 19:15:36

I mainly use mine for coleslaw, pastry and cakes.

I've made pate using it.

Also they are good for making curry pastes.

HeadFairy Wed 16-Sep-09 19:15:48

How about something we did this weekend...

I had some leftover pesto (I'd made in the food processor) added it to some fresh white breadcrumbs (made in the food processor) and made roast lamb with a pesto crust. Was lush! Serve it with pommes dauphinoise (made in the food processor!)

You could make some hummus (made in the food processor!) for a starter (to have with pitta breads)

I'll try and think of a food processor pudding.

DuchessOfAvon Wed 16-Sep-09 19:15:58

I make A Lot of Houmous in mine. Makes me feel like a Smug Mum but possibly not very romantic.

Does a mean job of shredding potato and onion for a Rosti.

flossie64 Wed 16-Sep-09 19:28:37

I used mine tonight to make a fennel and onion hollandaise sauce to go with fish. Also make plain hollandsaise for eggs benedict, lovely for sunday breakfast/brunch.
I also make soups,coleslaw and slice potatoes for dauphinoise.

BonsoirAnna Wed 16-Sep-09 19:29:59

I made Nigella Lawson's chocolate and pistachio cake in the food processor yesterday. It was divine smile

StirlingIsFedUpOfTheRain Wed 16-Sep-09 22:18:17

Does your dh love curries? Sometimes I make the pastes from scratch using the food processor and they are always great.

shyla01 Thu 17-Sep-09 14:31:28

thanks for all the replies. everything sound s yum!

prob going to start with a curry for dp this weekend then crack on with cakes for me and the dc. cant wait!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now